Ordered before 23:00, shipped the same day - Free shipping from €60 - 30-day cooling-off period


The 80/20 rule; finding your balance

'Hello girls'! I want to talk to you about the 80/20 rule. This rule has transformed my outlook on food and my life and I can't wait to share all the ins and outs with you. For this, you don't have to follow a strict diet or torture yourself with endless rules and regulations. No, the 80/20 rule makes healthy eating fun and achievable, even on the days when you feel like indulging yourself. And yes, a little 'cheating' every day is allowed!

In this blog, I take you on a journey of discovery through the 80/20 rule. We dive deeper into exactly what this rule means, discover the many benefits it brings and I share my personal experiences, insights and handy tips.

So, let's search together for the key to a healthy, balanced lifestyle that you can maintain without too much effort. Ready to get started? Let's dive into the magical world of the 80/20 rule!

What is the 80/20 rule?

Okay girls, let's talk about one of my favourite ways to keep my diet balanced, which is the 80/20 rule. It may sound complicated, but it's actually super simple. The idea behind this is that you keep 80% of your daily food healthy and in line with your diet, while giving the remaining 20% the freedom to enjoy whatever you want.

Imagine you eat 2,000 calories daily. That means that 80% of those calories, or 1,600 calories, should come from healthy sources that fit within your diet plan. The remaining 20%, which amounts to 400 calories, you can use for your personal choices and favourite treats. Plus, it's great for your mental health. It gives you the freedom to indulge occasionally without guilt. It's all about balance and self-care. And remember, it's all about finding the right balance and enjoying every step of your fitness journey. Happy eating!

Advantages of the 80/20 rule

One of the most amazing aspects of the 80/20 rule is the flexibility it offers. Imagine you have been invited to an impromptu barbecue or a fun party with friends. With this rule, you don't have to worry about what's on the menu. You can enjoy the moment, from a burger to a piece of cake, without that guilt that often accompanies strict dieting. For me, the 80/20 rule is all about balance and self-care. It's not only good for my body, but also for my mind. It's a way of showing that I love myself without having to torment myself with rigid rules. Furthermore, don't be too hard on yourself either and enjoy the little moments with lots of positivity around you!



My experience

Let's dive into my own experiences and share some valuable tips on how to successfully embrace the 80/20 rule. As a passionate FITTgirl, I have had my share of ups and downs, but this approach has helped me find my balance and enjoy every bite.

When I first heard about the 80/20 rule, I was sceptical. It sounded too good to be true, eating healthy and enjoying treats? But then I decided to give it a chance and it changed my outlook on nutrition and health. It was liberating to stop considering foods as "forbidden".

So FITTgirls, my message is simple: the 80/20 rule is not just a diet, it's a lifestyle. It has helped me transform my relationship with food, embrace flexibility and enjoy every moment. Try it yourself, find your balance and keep shining! But remember another important rule. Don't be too hard on yourself. Enjoy life and the people around you.

Tip: Save that 20%
A great tip I'd like to share with you is to save those 20% of your calories for later in the day. This strategy has proven itself time and again as a valuable tool in my healthy lifestyle. After an intense workout, a busy day at school or work, there is nothing better than indulging yourself. Save that 20% for a tasty reward!
Whether you are a lover of savoury or sweet, this 20% gives you the freedom to enjoy the flavours you love. The great thing is that you don't have to compromise with this approach. You can still enjoy your favourite guilty pleasures without feeling guilty because you have already eaten healthy during the day for 80%.
So, ladies, the 80/20 rule is your secret weapon for a balanced and healthy lifestyle. It is not a diet, but a way of life that gives you freedom and balance. So, keep working out, keep eating healthy, and enjoy the ride!

What started as a small glimmer of scepticism soon grew into my best-kept lifestyle secret. The 80/20 rule has transformed my relationship with food. It is not just a diet; it is a way of life where balance and freedom are key.

This rule has taught me to embrace food as a source of strength and enjoyment, rather than a source of stress and limitations. It has given me the freedom to embrace each moment, to enjoy without guilt, to put my own well-being first

So, FITTgirls, thank you for taking the time to follow my adventures into the world of the 80/20 rule. Let's continue to embrace this lifestyle together, cherishing balance and freedom. We have this, we can do this, and we will continue to shine, every day!

Thanks for your support and let's continue to enjoy the journey to a healthier and happier life together. FITTgirls, you guys are awesome!


Sam 🩵